Specialist Neuro Physiotherapist
- Physiotherapy - Neurorehabilitation
- Band 6
- Fixed term: 12 months (possible secondment opportunity if internal)
- Part time - 30.75 hours per week
- Floyd Unit
- £32,306 - £39,027 pro rata
- 05/12/2021 23:59
The Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust (NCA) brings together staff and services from Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust (SRFT) and The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (PAT). The sheer size, scale and potential of our combined service is huge. Together, we’ve a wealth of skills and resources to share and tap into and, a wide range of career paths for you to develop and explore. If you want to join a team of around 20,000 NHS experts in delivering high-quality, local care across Salford, Oldham, Bury and Rochdale and beyond – come and take your place with us.
Due to on-going service re-configurations across the NCA an exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated, dedicated, and innovative Physiotherapist to join the Floyd Unit Intermediate Neurorehabilitation Unit situated in Rochdale for a 12-month fixed term contract. The post is open to an enthusiastic physiotherapist who would like to take this 12 month opportunity, and may be a great secondment opportunity for internal applicants.
The Floyd unit has recently transferred its Operational and Professional management to the Manchester Centre for Neurosciences (MCCN) directorate at Salford Royal and therefore also benefits from their specialist support. The Floyd Unit has a supportive multi-disciplinary led team with direct clinical and professional support provided by the AHP Lead, Band 7 and Band 6 Physiotherapists.
Main duties of the job
You would be based at the Floyd Unit providing assessment, treatment planning and interventions to Neurorehabilitation patients admitted to the unit. The Floyd unit offers in-patient specialist Neurorehabilitation for patients with a range of Neurological conditions including Traumatic Brain Injury, Acquired brain injury and Spinal Cord Injury.
Main duties of the job:
- To undertake advanced assessment and treatment of patients within the post-acute neurorehabilitation unit, who may have complex and /or chronic presentation.
- To have specialist skills in the holistic assessment of the needs of patients who have significant or traumatic neurological injury.
- Assess and treat own caseload of patients who have complex presentations and maintain own records as an autonomous practitioner
- To support the Band 7 physiotherapist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of the Physiotherapy Service provided on a day-to-day basis, and to provide cover when required
- To work as an autonomous practitioner being professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of your work, managing own caseload and maintaining patient and own records
We welcome any questions regarding this exciting opportunity from Physiotherapists wishing to work and develop in our enthusiastic multidisciplinary Neurorehabilitation Team.
Working for our organisation
Rochdale Care Organisation is part of the Northern Care Alliance, one of the largest NHS organisations in the country. A place destined to be different. Rochdale puts co-operation and co-design at the forefront of its health and social care. This is the place with community based integrated care at its heart. Rochdale Infirmary, and the adult and children’s community services across Heywood Middleton and Rochdale, consists of professionals from health, social and voluntary sectors. A place leading the way in life-enhancing, integrated care.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about working at the Northern Care Alliance within the attached Candidate Information Pack or by visiting our careers website: www.careers.northerncarealliance.nhs.uk
In line with the Trust’s Single Equality Scheme we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, marital status, social back ground or trade union membership. However, as members of ethnicity minority groups and individuals with disabilities are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
- BSc / MSc Physiotherapy degree
- HCPC registration
- Post graduate training relevant to neurorehabilitation
Knowledge and Skills
- Significant post registration NHS experience including experience of working across core clinical areas, and with patients of neurological presentation at Band 5 level or above
- Evidence of a wide clinical theoretical base and specialist knowledge in assessment and treatment of patients with neurological presentation
- Evidence of working within an MDT
- Evidence of contribution to service improvement / development
- Evidence of CPD
- To have experience of complex decision making processes including where capacity decisions may be required.
- To have experience of complex discharge planning and processes e.g. CHC.
- Knowledge of National Guidelines / Standards pertinent to the Neurorehab pathway
- Supervision of students on placements
- Supervision of therapy assistant staff
- Supervision of qualified physiotherapists
- Experience of working within an MDT
- Evidence of leading on Audit project
- Evidence of leading on a Quality Improvement project
- A basic understanding of IT and / or different systems to the role
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Catherine Blakemore
- Job title
- AHP Lead/ Lead SLT for Inpatient Neurorehab
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
Physiotherapy Team Lead